Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Big day today.

More hardware came in. I am still waiting for a brass block tremolo stop that I got from Musician's Arsenal. I got all my Floyd parts from them, it is back-ordered tho. The Dimarzio pickup ring is for a Les Paul and really tall and I cant use it gonna have to spray paint a cream one I have...

Single Duncan Blackout and new black Schaller strap locks!

So after 3 days the black base coat dried and I spent 6 hours pin-striping the guitar. UGH. I still have some fixes to do here and there to make it perfect then it is off to sanding it to smooth out transition lines and final clear coating.

I am really happy with the result. I dread clear-coating. I have read so much about people having problems. I have tested it on scraps and it works I just need to make sure the paint base colors have dried and I vigorously shake the clear cans for a while before using them.

Here is to watching paint dry and then the clear coats. Wish me luck!








No comments:

Post a Comment